Thursday, July 09, 2009

Crowing, Not Eating Crow

Sorry but this morning I just have to crow about myself a little for a change instead of eating crow ... I competed in the West Coast Songwriters Association Songwriter Competition in Martinez last night and to my own very great surprise won the Best Performance Award!

I did I Hope It Never Ends (at Bev's suggestion) and Cowboy Blues, accompanying myself on autoharp. The judges really liked the sentiments of the first song and the humor of the second. They also said I established good rapport with the audience (the retired grampy's gift of gab, I guess).

It is very heartening to get even this relatively minor (in the great scheme of life and music) award at this late stage. Guess I haven't totally been wasting time with all my practicing.

By the way, I'm working on a CD and hope to post some MP3s soon at YouTube or on my MySpace site. And of course if any of you would like to learn and/or perform any of my songs, let me know. I only expect the standard royalties plus 10% of anything you earn musically from here on ...

Cheers, Grampy Bob Loomis
King of the Septuagenarian Troubadors
(Well, almost there anyway)

No comments:

Post a Comment