Sunday, July 04, 2021

Sunday Funnies, 07-04-2021



It's funny, but I have very mixed feelings about this holiday.  When I was a kid of course, I loved fireworks, especially the big packs of little firecrackers we'd get with the help of adults.  But as an adult and a reporter I covered quite a few stories of folks who blew off fingers, hands, feet, etc., while setting off fireworks. Plus, I've seen how the M80 and M100 and other explosions make pets tremble with fear. Of course, they remind me of war. IMHO we've had enough wars. But this holiday also commemorates what has been so far the greatest experiment in democracy in the history of Western civilization. So in that sense, I join in the celebration and pray that we are able to continue that worthy effort.



No comments:

Post a Comment