Saturday, August 22, 2026

Saturday's Child: Homage to Schwitters

I'm working on a new poetry book, Homage to Schwitters, a collection of word constructs based largely on the artwork of Kurt Schwitters, a German artist, some of whose collages we saw at the old San Francisco Museum of Modern Art sometime around 1962. Those works inspired me to write my first word  construction, "Till We Have Faces," published in the eponymous book I put out some years back (still available on Amazon). In 2010 I was working on a book of such poems when events in our family derailed me. I recently resumed work on those and will be posting readings of some of them here as part of a resumption of "Saturday's Child," the video series of my original songs that I posted on YouTube during COVID. Herewith the first installment. I accompany myself on LP Octo Snare cajon. I hope you enjoy them. Herewith:

Best not spend




No comments:

Post a Comment