Thursday, September 05, 2013

August 2013 Post


Short Biography & Advice

I was born in a discovery of murmuring alcoves, just down a long staircase in a wooden house filled with songs and Dutch ovens of bubbling gumbos. My mother was a plump relic of bygone dreams, my father a grocery cart filled with redeemable bottles and cans. From a very early age I knew the secret of great dancing: twirl, ballerina, twirl, and veil yourself in alternating stripes of fog and sunshine. Color your thoughts, if any, with metallic-tasting water, by that I mean water the color of midnight moonlight oil slicks rolling endlessly off toward the South Seas. Let a palm tree be your umbrella and learn as much as you can from as much of the past as you can remember. Carry your learning as far into the future as you can accurately foresee and pray that someone there recognizes you for whatever you are or wish to be.

© Bob Loomis
08-23-2013

No comments:

Post a Comment