Saturday, January 21, 2006

Rain rain rain

Saturday morning and it's been raining again ... I've always loved the rain. I can remember the first time I was aware of it and asking my mother what it was and her carrying me out to the car, my hand out to feel this strange, new water that falls from the sky. It's a good day to hole up inside and read and listen to music. Speaking of which, be sure to check out Jim Caroompas's "Greatest Hits Live" CD ... he's playing in Martinez from 8 to midnight or so tonight at La Tapitia at the corner of Main and Estudillo ... a good chance to have south-of-the border cuisine and hear his mix of great tunes plus pick up a CD. Old Dog, my own group, will be playing from 8 to 10 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 28 at Panama Bay Coffee Co., 2151 Salvio Street, Concord, opposite Todos Santos Plaza. With Patty Caramagno Robertson off to India, it'll be Guys Night Out and we'll be doing a slightly new and different mix of tunes. Hope to see you there!
The canvas chair
sags under the weight
of last night's rain ...


No comments:

Post a Comment